Preventing gender-based violence and improving the school environment in 11 Fe y Alegría schools in Nicaragua
- Country: Nicaragua
Location: Managua, Estelí, Chinandega, León
Start date: 01/04/2019
End date: 01/04/2021
Applicant(s): Fundación ETEA
Local partner(s): Fe y Alegría Nicaragua
Funding: 300.000,00 EUR
Research line Psicology
The project aims to contribute to the reduction and prevention of violence, with a focus on gender-based violence, among children and adolescents in 11 primary and secondary schools in F&A Nicaragua.
It includes three programmes for the prevention and reduction of violence:
- INTEMO Emotional Intelligence Programme
- Community training through the Learning in the Family Programme and the CEPREV Prevention Centre
- Beginning of the Dialogic Model of Prevention and Conflict Resolution Programme, which includes the implementation of Actions for the Preventive Socialisation of Gender Violence, through which a network of professionals will be created to contribute to the prevention and reduction of gender violence in schools.
Models aimed at directors, teachers, pedagogical liaisons, technical teams, students and their families are proposed to reflect on the causes that generate gender-based violence, promoting alternatives for school/family resolution.
Related activities and products
- Systematization of the project “Prevention of gender violence and promotion of safe environments and healthy coexistence in 11 schools in Nicaragua” (Spanish)
- Dialogical Model of Conflict Prevention and Resolution applied to the prevention of gender-based violence: the case of 6 schools of the Fe y Alegría Network. Practical guide (Spanish)